Twenty-five students will be receiving a once in a lifetime opportunity to study a degree with all tuition fee costs covered at the University Campus of Football Business (UCFB).
Recipients of the ‘Next 25’ fund – launched in partnership with Kick It Out to celebrate their 25th anniversary and worth more than £1 million – will complete degrees at either UCFB Etihad Campus in Manchester or UCFB Wembley in London. The Next 25 fund gives recipients full tuition fee scholarships – worth up to £54,000.
UCFB will be introducing the Next 25 at UCFB Etihad Campus on 24th October and discussing Kick It Out’s education work across all areas of football.
UCFB’s Chief Marketing Officer Sharona Friedman, said: “we are thrilled to be gifting this once in a lifetime opportunity to the 25 scholars and are very excited to welcome them to the institution, where they will begin their extraordinary journey”.
She said: “UCFB is committed to inclusion and diversity within the football industry at all levels, so we’re delighted to be able to partner with Kick It Out to offer this incredible scholarship opportunity.
“The recipients of this award will not only receive a first-class education to begin their career in the football and sports industry, but the opportunity to represent Kick It Out and UCFB around the country is truly a one-off experience.”
Approximately 2,200 students currently study across UCFB’s bases with the iconic Etihad and Wembley stadiums at their heart. And 90% of UCFB graduates are in employment or further education within six months – with almost two-thirds working in sport.
The event will be taking place on 24 October at UCFB Etihad Campus in Manchester, from 2.30pm onwards. It will consist of networking, interview opportunities and a presentation for the Next 25 scholars from Brendan Flood, Chairman of UCFB and Keeley Baptista, Programmes Manager at Kick It Out.
The recipients of the Next 25 scholarship will become official ambassadors for Kick It Out across the football industry and act as peer educators on behalf of Kick It Out.
Roisin Wood, Chief Executive of Kick It Out, said: “Kick It Out and UCFB are dedicated to educating the leaders of tomorrow in the importance of diversity and a level playing field at all levels and in all sectors of the game. This unique scholarship is the perfect way to promote inclusion and help spread the word on diversity in football.
“As Kick It Out proudly celebrates how far we have come on our 25th anniversary, I am excited to see how the Next 25 scholars will play a pivotal role in helping us move forward over the next 25 years.”
The Next 25 scholars who will be receiving the fund are listed below, alongside what they will be studying:
- Finley Walker – BA (Hons) Football Business & Media
- Huxley Barnacle-Best – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- Mohamed Jama – BA (Hons) International Football Business
- Julen Beer- MSc International Sport Management
- Jair Mauricio Grajales Giraldo – MSc International Sport Management
- Joshua Brimacombe-Wiard – MSc Football Coaching & Analysis
- Conor Ogilvie-Davidson – International Sport Management (Online)
- Jenna Naidene Henry – MSc Sport Management
- Sheriff Tajudeen – MSc Football Coaching & Analysis (Part Time)
- Ediong Udom – MSc Sport Management
- Adeodatus Ronie Twumasi – MSc Sport Management
- Karthik Shyamsundar – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- Uthman Akitoye – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- Michael Joseph Loghan knox – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management with Foundation Year
- Bethany Jane Powney – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- Ilias Pajoheshfar – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- Maria Fernandes – MSc Football Coaching & Analysis
- Lekan Odushola – MSc Football Coaching & Analysis
- Sabiha Jamal – BA (Hons) Football Coaching & Management
- Shakeel Mira – MSc Football Coaching & Analysis
- Moaz Awadelkarim – MSc International Sport Management (Online)
- Charlie Dawson – MSc Football Coaching & Analysis
- Cigdem Turkan – MSc International Sport Management
- Joao Paulo Felix – BA (Hons) International Football Business
- Asad Farooq – BA (Hons) Stadium & Events Management